HOME INSPECTION SERVICES
Our Home Inspections are performed in accordance with the Standards of Practice of N.J.A.C. 13:40-15.16 . This includes the Inspection of the following visually accessible systems and components:
- Floors, walls, ceilings, roof, foundation, and framing
- Siding, flashing, and trim
- Exterior doors
- Decks, balconies, stoops, steps, porches, and railings
- Eaves, soffits, and fascia from ground level
- Vegetation, grading, surface drainage and retaining walls
- Entryway, walkways, driveway and patio
- Roofing materials
- Drainage systems
- Skylights, chimneys, and roof penetrations.
- Interior water supply, distribution systems, fixtures, and faucets
- Drain, waste, and vent systems including fixtures
- Hot water supply system and water heater equipment
- Vent systems, flues, and chimneys
- Fuel storage and fuel distribution systems.
- Service drop
- Service entrance conductors, cables, and raceways
- Service equipment and main disconnects
- Service grounding
- Interior components of service panels and sub panels
- Over current protection devices
- Installed lighting fixtures, switches, and receptacles
- Ground fault circuit interrupters
- Installed heating equipment
- Vent systems, flues, and chimneys
- Central and through-wall equipment
- Distribution systems
- Walls, ceilings, and floors
- Steps, stairways, and railings
- Counter tops and installed cabinets
- Doors and windows
- Garage doors and operating system
INSULATION & VENTILATION
- Insulation and vapor retarders in unfinished spaces
- Ventilation of attics and foundation
- Mechanical ventilation systems
FIREPLACES AND SOLID FUEL BURNING APPLIANCES
- System components
- Chimney and vents
Inspection Services Available
- Buyer Residential (1-4) Family Dwelling Home Inspection- A professional Home Inspection gives you an unbiased, independent assessment of the condition of the property you are looking to purchase. With these facts you can make an informed, sound purchase decision. The Inspection process usually takes 2 to 3 hours (sometimes longer) depending on the size and condition of the home.
- Wood Destroying Insect (Termite) Inspection- This is an inspection of the dwelling including the basement and crawlspace(s) for the current or past presence of wood destroying insects such as termites, carpenter ants, powderpost beetles and carpenter bees. We are fully trained in wood destroying insect inspections and hold a NJ Commercial Pesticide Applicator License- #60696B. This license is required in order to complete the NPMA Form NPMA-33 Wood Destroying Insect Inspection Report. This is the report that coincides with the wood destroying insect inspection.
- Underground Fuel Oil Tank Sweep/Scan- This is an add on service we can perform for you and is usually done when purchasing an older home. Older homes may have once used underground storage tanks to store fuel oil that would have been used to fuel the heating unit in the dwelling. This is a non-invasive process that will confirm whether or not an underground fuel oil storage tank is present. We will first look outside and inside the dwelling for clues that may indicate the presence of a past or current tank. Then, a magnetic survey is conducted over the property using a Fisher TW-6 magnetometer. A magnetometer utilizes two sensors that detect the magnetic field generated by ferromagnetic objects. We will give you a verbal confirmation that day with our findings. A written report will also be generated and emailed to the client usually the same day.
- Radon Testing- This testing can be a stand alone service and is usually performed as part of a typical buyer home Inspection.
- Pre-Listing Residential Home Inspection- This type of Home Inspection is conducted for those who would like to know more about the condition of their present home. This is excellent for individuals who have been in their home for a number of years and may be worried about hidden safety hazards, defects, needed repairs and maintenance issues. This type of Inspection would also be very beneficial for those who have recently purchased their home without a Pre-Purchase Inspection (auction, foreclosed properties, etc) or for sellers who wish to discover existing problems before listing their home. We sometimes offer this type of Inspection at a discounted price. Please contact us for more details.
- Commercial Inspection- This is an Inspection similar to a Home Inspection but at a commercial property. All of the major components are inspected and a full assessment of the property is obtained.
- Partial Inspection- This is an Inspection done only on a single or a few specific components of the home. A roof Inspection, for example, might fall into this category as would a plumbing Inspection. Special discounted rates apply, contact us for more details.
- Rental Inspection- This is geared towards the Inspection of a home, condo, townhouse or apartment that is being rented out and the owner would like to know the condition of the property. This is typical when a renter moves out and the owner is not located near the property. This Inspection is offered at a discounted rate based upon the complexity of the Inspection that is being requested by the owner.
*Services are available 7 days a week and can (schedule permitting) be provided same day.
*We provide nationally recognized, computer generated, narrative Inspection reports with digital pictures issued via email usually within 24 hours of the Inspection (sometimes same day).
*We strongly encourage the client to accompany the inspector during the Inspection so they can be familiar with the systems of the home and ask any on the spot questions.
*Home Inspections on average last anywhere from 2 to 4 hours depending on the size and condition of the home. A thorough and complete Home Inspection can't be rushed.
*Complete our Inspection request form or call 908-379-9311 to book your Inspection and obtain a competitive quote.